Is Google Adwords Right for You?
Google AdWords is an online advertising platform which allows businesses to target potential customers with ads that appear in Google Search Engine Results. Placement is determined by chosen keywords and phrases which are selected and defined by advertisers. Businesses can set a daily budget and invest as much or as little as they wish to. Ads can be paused and restarted within minutes making this form of advertising extremely customizable and responsive.
- Measurability - Results from Google AdWords campaigns are highly measurable and easily tracked. AdWords allows you to evaluate the results of your campaign on a granular level and make edits at any time to increase the effectiveness of your ads.
- Speed- One reason AdWords has grown in popularity is because when used correctly, it takes little time to see results. Unlike SEO, which can take months to show results, AdWords can help your business get a jump start and reach more people almost instantly after ads starts running. It’s a great way for your business to show up at the top of search results while you are waiting for SEO efforts to take effect.
- Flexibility - AdWords is completely customizable and can be tailored to fit your marketing objectives. There are different formats and targeting strategies available to allow businesses to choose the best way to attract potential customers.
- Controllable Budget - Google allows you to set you to set and make changes to your budget at any time. You also have the option to show your ads on a schedule in order to optimize when your budget is being used.
- Every Click is Chargeable - An advantage of AdWords is that you only pay when someone clicks on your ad. However, there is no way to ensure that visitors will convert into customers. Having highly targeted ads with relevant landing pages increases the quality of the clicks you will receive, but there is no guarantee that users will convert once they have clicked on your ad and reached your site.
- No Visual Element - The Google Search Network displays text ads within search engine results. With this form of digital advertising, there is no visual element to draw the attention of user however, ad extensions can be used to increase the amount of space an ad takes up. This makes it more prevalent in results and increases your chances of capturing a searchers attention.
- Budget Can Affect When Ads Run - With AdWords, you are able to set your daily budget as high or low as you like. This is an asset because you can closely monitor your spending but can also cause your ads to stop running if you reach your daily budget too quickly. It is important to monitor your campaigns and make sure your budget is not limiting the effectiveness of your ads.
- Character Limitations - You have a limited number of characters to get your message across in a Google text ad. Messages must be strategically crafted to include pertinent information while also adhering to Google’s character rules.
If you are interested in getting your business on Google or have questions about AdWords, contact us!